Orphan Care Ministry
Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless... Isaiah 1:17a
James 1:27 "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world."
Every believer is commanded to care for orphans.
But caring for orphans can be rendered in many different ways!
Here are a few different ways in which you can care for orphans:
Pray for them
Luke 11:9-10 "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
- Pray for a specific waiting child in Kansas; advocate for these children before the Lord.
Advocate for them
- Purchase and wear an Orphan Care Ministry T-Shirt. It's a great conversation starter.
Provide for their needs; Give sacrificially
James 2:15-16 "If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,' and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?"
2 Corinthians 9:7 "Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
- Participate in our First Night Packs Project
- Contribute generously to our Adoption Fund fundraisers, to help off-set costs for adopting families
- Give of your time, resources, and/or monetarily
Support those who support them
Hebrews 10:24 "And let us consider how we may spur another on toward love and good deeds."
- Mow, baby sit for, or take meals to foster parents. Pray with them and tell them you appreciate what they do.
Protect them from harm
Psalm 146:9 "The LORD watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked."
- Become a foster parent or emergency foster parent
Adopt them into your family
Psalm 68:5-6a "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families..."
- Give a child a place in your family through domestic, international, or foster care adoption
- Adopt a young adult who has aged out of the foster care system
If you have any question about Orphan Care, please contact the church office.